Senior Mechanical Engineer
Tritium is a Brisbane-based technology company with divisions in Los Angeles and Amsterdam. We are a world-leading developer of electric vehicle charging infrastructure that enables the acceptance and growth of e-mobility.
In a global environment that is hungry for innovation in the use and storage of energy, Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles. Tritium is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
This position reports directly to the New Product Engineering Programmes Director at Tritium PTY Ltd and is based at Murarrie.
The role manages the technical and commercial aspects of programme delivery for the Mechanical systems they are responsible for. Their fundamental remit is the definition, creation and delivery of systems, sub-systems and components within their respective areas, with full ownership of the assigned systems within various products.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering with minimum 7 years experience.
- Very competent in 3D CAD modelling and the use of SOLIDWORKS;
- Preferred experience in Windchill PLM;
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing;
- Detailed knowledge of Drafting Standards, e.g. AS 1100;
- Experience in the design of Jigs/Fixtures and Tooling to ensure manufacturability;
- Experience in Design for Assembly / Design for Manufacturing;
- Experience of Agile PD (Product Development) processes;
- Experience in an Automotive or High Technology Manufacturing environment would be of interest;
- Deep and broad experience of working in complex Engineering Programmes across the functional boundaries of technical disciplines / commodity groups, in an environment with often competing deliverables / priorities / levels of ambiguity.
- Ultimately responsible for delivery of all assigned mechanical systems that support Tritium’s product roadmap
- Provide technical input into product roadmap definition
- Ensure design is fit for purpose that meets cost, safety, compliance and schedule requirements
- Ensure design decisions are made with product roadmap in mind. i.e. Design hardware with re-use in mind across multiple platforms and standardising components where feasible.
- Ensure assigned Module(s) meet PRD and TRD requirements
- Ensure assigned Module(s) design & development proceeds per programme schedule, liaising with other key members to keep programme on-schedule
- Liaise with resources in the shared engineering service team (ETS) to ensure delivery of prototypes, verification and compliance efforts in relation to the assigned Module(s)
- Work closely with Supply chain, operations, and support team to ensure significant issues are addressed in new products, the right suppliers are selected and seamless transition into production
- Take full ownership of the assigned Module(s) from concept to Full Scale Production (FSP)
- Ensure Module(s) are Designed for Manufacturing (DFM) and Designed for Serviceability (DFS)
- Develop and execute component and Module verifications
- Conduct DFMEAs and ensure recommended actions are implemented
- Build and maintain Module(s) eBOM until Full scale Production where handover to Existing Product engineering happens
- Purchasing & tracking of prototype parts until VP build
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com