In a global environment that is hungry for innovation in the use and storage of energy, Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
Success to date has laid the foundation for the future and the business is now hiring an Electronics Engineer. As part of the engineering team and reporting into an Engineering Program manager, in this role you will be responsible for the design and documentation of electronics and electrical circuits.
- Assess, prototype, and develop features and improvements to existing products via a combination of modelling, implementation, and testing.
- Work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to analyse, solve, and design solutions to complex electrical and electronic issues in high-powered equipment.
- Work closely with compliance / certification team, remaining abreast of the latest developments in engineering and regulatory requirements including UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, AS, CE, MID
- Hands on verification and validation testing of design elements.
- Generation of documentation to support testing and certification activities.
- Interpretation and creation of detailed technical design requirements and documentation based on business needs.
- Monitor and incorporation of product standards, and requirements related to legal requirements in all geographies that our product is sold.
- Assist with overseas compliance lab testing. Liaison with external partners and suppliers.
- Take requirements to design hardware with backwards compatibility in mind across multiple platforms and standardising components where feasible.
- Work closely with Senior Engineers, test, debug and work collaboratively to develop improvements to complex power electronics components and systems at power levels from 3kW to 500kW.
- Work closely with manufacturing and operations teams to ensure the seamless integration of product changes and new features into production and field installation.
- Work closely with Software and Firmware Engineers to ensure requirements are understood and fully implemented.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings as required. You will need to be able to provide relevant technical information, including relevant standards, identified issues, design constraints and design opportunities. Keep accurate notes to enable action of assigned tasks.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Experience in detailed electronics PCB hardware design.
- Experience in tracking product development and providing system design documentation and training.
- Experience in the use of project planning tools, agile planning tools such as JIRA.
- Experience in the use of ALTIUM and LTSPICE.
- Product experience may cover – power conversion, independent power systems, high power/high current systems, precision analogue and digital electronics.
- Experience in design for EMC, DFM/DFT considerations as well as design for volume manufacture.
- Experience in integrating product design with Firmware Engineers.
- Experience in the generation of detailed paperwork and reports to support compliance engineering activities and submissions to relevant standards and industry bodies.
- Assist design engineers with aspects relating to personnel safety circuitry, EMC filtering, and high voltage safety compliance.
- Assisting validation and test engineers with testing of new features to verify compliance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Process and people focused.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solver.
- Experience in the use of EMC test equipment and facilities. Although this will not be a hands-on element to the role some knowledge of this will be of interest.
- Experience in writing firmware with embedded micro-controllers (32-bit ARM) with and without RTOS.
- Power systems related documentation for building and site installation of products.
- Power electronics experience – both at a circuit level and component level – Rectifier circuits, IGBT, MOSFET, Barrier diodes, power conversion devices – magnetics, inductors, rectifiers etc.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com